Join now - be part of our community!

Thin silvery vertical lines on screen - but only when viewing via PVR

profile.country.en_GB.title
beano16
Visitor

Thin silvery vertical lines on screen - but only when viewing via PVR

Hi all

The screen on our 18-month old TV SONY KDL37EX503U) has developed a problem that only

occurs when we are using the similarly-aged Humax PVR 9300T with it.

The problem: a dozen or so thin, vertical, silvery lines appear on the screen. They remind me of the sort of lines you see on a spider's web only they are all vertical and spaced neatly apart.

The clues:

• It started about six weeks ago and occurs every time we view via the PVR (both live and recorded) .

• The lines never appear when we view the TV direct without the PVR.

I've tried contacting Humax but so far they've consistently ignored my emails.

Anyone else had this problem? Suggestions for causes and solutions much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Bravia55HX

Hi,

seems pretty apparent to me the issue is with the PVR box since the issue is not there with normal tv, to bolster this claim, have you tried a BluRay Disc or DVD ?, have you also tried a different HDMI slot for the PVR ?, thats assuming its connected via HDMI.

maybe you could try another PVR box and see if it still does this, but my money is on the PVR you have.

beano16
Visitor

Hi Bravia55HX923

Yes, I reckon your identification of the PVR as the culprit is bang-on. I've tried a different HDMI slot for the PVR and it made no difference whatsoever.

Given Humax's complete lack of interest in replying to my emails, I might now try one of the unofficial forums (?fora) to see if others have experienced this problem.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions.:smileyhappy:

Bravia55HX

Hi beano16,

your welcome, i hope you resolve this soon, please do let us know how you get on with it.