Join now - be part of our community!

Top half of 3D on KDL-32EX723 is Fuzzy / Blurry

profile.country.en_GB.title
Piplington
Visitor

Top half of 3D on KDL-32EX723 is Fuzzy / Blurry

the top half of my Bravia KDL-32EX723, when being used in 3D, Is fuzzy / blurry. So while i watch the bottom half is fine, but the top half is not fully invisible when its split in the glasses, so i can still see the split image, making it blurry and annoying to watch as it is not full HD.

I have tryed different light conditions and different positions in the room, its the same from all angles and its not how it was in the stores demo! its also not the glasses as i have 2 sets.

The main question would be, is this a problem that i need to solve with the TV settings? (if so, how?) or do i need to take it to the shop or back to sony to be replaced or repaired?

other info: had it for a few months, always been in this condition. I haven't messed with the settings outside of what i want to do (so i haven't gone on any settings i don't know what do) this goes for 3D games and movies, but not as much with the simulated 3D. (i assume thats because it doesn't split the image as far apart as other 3D, but idk)

Thanks for the help!

3 REPLIES 3
stebaker9
Visitor

Hi Piplington.

I to am having similar issues, insofar as when watching a tv broadcast such as the Olympics opening ceremony. I found that the depth of field made the audience look blurred whereas those in the foreground were in focus.

However, when I,be watched sample movies via the tv's Internet the background is clear. Unfortunately, I am like you searching for a solution.

Piplington
Visitor

Yes that seems to be the same problem, as anything that is in the distance is usually going to be towards the half of the screen.

I updated my TV today, having never done it before, it didnt do much... well actually I have no clue what it did at all.

Keep me posted on this if you find somthing! :slight_smile: your the only person to reply so far,  I will also tell you if I fix it.

I also called sony a few weeks ago, they didnt give the correct help, But they did mention that The quality differs for peoples eye sight. So I went and got both my parents to check. (my mum has glasses, my dad doesnt, so thats 2 very different eyesights) and yet they both could see the split images on the movie.

Piplington
Visitor

ok, so I have found the solution to my problem, I dont know if its new to the update, but there is a 3D depth setting, That doesnt appear in the 3D settings of the home menu. So to find it you must be watching somthing in 3D, then press the 3D button (in the top selection of buttons on the left side, supposing its the same remote) and then the 2nd option down Is the 3D depth setting, Its not a perfect solution, but makes it look much better. (the reason its not perfect is because things towards the front become a little fuzzy)