Join now - be part of our community!

TV - DVD Connection

profile.country.en_GB.title
Rockdiver63
Visitor

TV - DVD Connection

I have just bought a KDL46EX503 which in intend to hang on the wall. There is power and LAN connections behind but I don't want to see all the other cables to connect to aerial, DVD, X Box and (eventually) home cinema system / surround sound.

Therefore I need to use cables of about 6m length to connect to all the peripheral equipment.

I have a Sony DVD - the RDR-GX210, which is about 4 years old. It has the full suite of connectors available.

What is the best way to connect the DVD to the TV? S Video, scart, something else?

I would prefer to do this wirelessly or via the LAN but I haven't heard of a discrete unit that will fit behind the TV to give a wireless connection for aerial, DVD or surround sound (yet!) and the network interfaces seem to fit between the TV and the LAN socket not via the network port on the TV.

I don't have Sky / cable - again, the cable for this is installed but is next to the server for the network, not the TV.

Any thoughts / comments welcome.

Simon

2 REPLIES 2
Catmambo
Contributor

Not sure how you could connect the DVD recorder to the TV wirelessly and any solution is likely cost a fair few quid and potentially see a drop in quality also.

Alternatively if you used an amp with pass-through, then you only need to have one cable going from the amp to the TV as any HD gear could connect to the Amp directly rather than into the TV.

Thanks

Rockdiver63
Visitor

Hi Eduzzel

Thanks for that. It sounds really useful but - what is the "amp". I'm aware of "amps" in terms of sound systems, but are they the same in video?

Cheers

Simon