Join now - be part of our community!

TV FREEZES KDL32WD752

profile.country.GB.title
stevied

TV FREEZES KDL32WD752

Since finally sorting out my no option button or on screen info (it still ha this problem from time to time) my TV has started freezing or locking. It won't let me change channels or do anything else, not even turn it off. To cure it I have to switch the mains off and back on again. Also the white light doesn't flash when I operate the remote. At other times it works normally. It seems to happen most when I have one chanel on for a long time.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Stevie, 

I would recommend getting in touch with Support for further help with this here.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
stevied

This TV is now driving me mad and I am beginning to think there is something seriously wrong with it. Sony told me to factory reset set it which I did and it was OK for about a day the the Netflix I was watching started pixelating. I tried BBC i player and Amazon to make sure it wasn't a netflix problem. BBc I p[layer just locked up and so did Amazon. Factory reset again and all ok until just now I was watching Youtube and tried to go back. The TV went to TV picture with no sound and as I know from past experience I have to switch it off at the mains and back on again. Did that and got the sound back and now the remote won't operate anything so off and on again it goes. Also if I leave the TV on one chanel for a long time it locks up as well. I am sure this is a software problem. The last time I called Sony the guy said he would call me back to make sure everything was Ok which he did but unfortunatley he didn't leave a nub]mber to call him back. I am getting fed up with this TV which is a shame as my old Bravia which I now have to use with a firestick is working fine. I have all Sony stuff, HDD recorder and surround system but I am rapidly loosing faith. I have heard before how tempremantal these KD32 750 series are. To be fair this TV is supposed to be a factory reconditioned set that came with 1 years gaurantee which I have registered with Sony. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @stevied :slight_smile:

It doesn't sound like there is a quick fix for this.

Its probably best you contact support on

+44 (0) 2073652810

At least you have your guarantee :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
stevied

Hi all, spoke to Sony help today and spoke to a very helpful lady called May who helped me through all the steps to fix my problem. The problem was that I was resetting my TV with the surround sound and HDD recorder plugged in and the internet connected. She told me that this would cause a conflict with the reset which it had. I think it would be helpful if this came onto the screen before pressing reset. Also during the reset we had a problem where I lost all the apps and the screen went black. May couldn't fix the problem so advised me to take the set for repair. I did notice that my HDD was still connected to the mains on a double socket with the TV so I unplugged it and plugged the TV back in on its own. This has solved all my problems and the TV is now working correctly. Thanks for the help you gave me.