Join now - be part of our community!

TV KDL-46EX710

SOLVED
mainebengt
Explorer

TV KDL-46EX710

Is it possible to surf from TV? I hace a cable connection to a router (modem). Today I have only limited access ti internet, such as some music, odd films and odd youtube

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mainebengt
Explorer

I was hoping new software could fix it.
It happens on phones ...

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
mainebengt
Explorer

I have checked that I have uppdated TV software PKG.117EUL-0108
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Are you located in the US by any chance (as I thought this model is a US model?)

Cheers.

mainebengt
Explorer

Live in sweden , bought in sweden
When you write Sony do you mean TV or internet
--

Edited by Drewde - Personal details removed

mainebengt
Explorer

Is my software PKG4.117EUL-0108 newer then PKG4.114EUL-0108

I am searching a way to do a normal internet surf on my TV. Today I only have a limited surf from of Sony approved adresses to music and som films I can´t go outside I want to be able to write such as www.xxxxx@sadfsf.com. Some TV-stations here in Sweden also broadcast the same material on internet in live play.

I have friends that on there TV can get a keyboard displayed on screen so it is possible to write adresses.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

To enter another web address on the TV's browser :

1. Press the [OPTIONS] button on the remote control
  2. Scroll down to where it says "URL Entry" and press [OK]
  3. An onscreen keyboard should then appear

Hope that helps

Cheers

mainebengt
Explorer

I have tried option, but when scrolling down I only find changing
picture sound etc, nothing regarding internet.
I have software PKG.117-EUL-0108 is that correct software to this TV?
mainebengt
Explorer

If I on remote control push HOME and scroll to internet, it says register your Bravia TV

Further down on screen it says Device registered. I have my device registered so I don´t know what to beleive.

If I try to go to account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/services, i only get spectacular things nothing for register a TV

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I was under the assumption that you had a web-browser built in (sorry for the mis-communication).  Upon further research, it does not appear that you TV has a built in web browser.  Therefore you cannot "surf" the internet.  The built in applications (ie Youtube) is whats on it. 

If you still require that feature, you might want to Sony's Google TV : http://www.sony.co.uk/hub/google-tv

Cheers.

mainebengt
Explorer

Thank you for that answer, but it didn´t help me so .... :slight_frown: