Join now - be part of our community!

tv or ariel fault

profile.country.en_GB.title
00karen
Visitor

tv or ariel fault

I have to retune my tv often it goes good for a few days then loses signal again. is it an ariel or tv fault?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

to determine ariel fault you must have a rough idea how long its been up there, its highly likely its never been replaced with a new digital one, i would look there first before dismissing it as a tv fault.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there.

Just going to confirm your problem here first.

IF.,..When retuning your TV in and it is fine for a couple of days, but then all of a sudden you are losing signal.

If this happens continue below, as this is an aerial problem, but there is a way to stop this happening.

What is actually happening is: Modern TV's automatically seach for new and updated TV stations over night every so often. When you retune your TV in during the day, it is picking up the strongest signal from the nearest TV Transmitter. But sometimes overnight, when your TV is doing a search, the atmosphere condtions change, and that a different TV Transmitter is now stronger than from the original transitter. But then the conditions change during the day, and that signal is no longer strongest, but the TV is still set to recieve from that transmitter. (I hope this makes sense, as im crap at explaining things sometimes). A TV aerial technician should be able to fix this problem. But what you can do though, is to prevent your TV from doing an overnight scan.

On my TV, i can goto the Settigs area and choose "Digital Setup". Then goto "Digital Auto Service Update" and turn if off. Unfortunatley I dont know your TV model, but look in the manual for something the same or similar. The consequences for this, mean that you will need to retune your TV in when you thing new stations have appeared or disappeared

If by any chance this is not the problem you are describing, please can you provide more information.

I hope this helps you.

Good Luck.