Join now - be part of our community!

TV update: Network issues with apps

Emily_F
Contributor

TV update: Network issues with apps

Hi everyone,

We’re really sorry about the recent disruption to your network services and we’re working hard to fix them. Thanks for bringing the issues you’ve been experiencing to our attention. These include:

Slow loading app icons

App icons not appearing

While most users have now seen these issues resolved, our engineering team are still working hard so we can resolve them for our remaining users as quickly as possible. If you are still experiencing problems with your network services, please contact Sony Support or, as ever, let us know here at the community so we can keep on it.

Thanks again for letting us know and we’re sorry for the inconvenience.

Emily

16 REPLIES 16
Woktolivelife

Could you inform us of the reasons for the issues encountered

Regards
profile.country.en_GB.title
tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

Hi,

I promise that as soon as we have a conclusion on it, I will share the reason behind this.

Cheers,

Nico

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)
oxman2k

could you clear up the motionflow issue with the w653 thanks

dawiddylich

i have the same problem,apps not loading content and not starting at all from tv remote.i have no problems to start apps like you tube from my tablet or phone.in addition every start i need to log into my account again and again...annoying
CJ_Hockey_Dude
Explorer

Same apps issue as other people, upgrading to latest firmware has made no difference

Cannot contact Sony Support by email as the Support email form is down for maintenance

Poor service to say the least

profile.country.FI.title
Uniatz
Explorer

Apps seem to be working now, but YouTube app requires re-login every time. This problem might be related as it started at the same time as the apps issue. 

Woktolivelife

The you tube problems along with those i'm experienceing now with netflix hanging on ta loading screen mid program then locking up SEN  showing only a blank screen with repeating loading bar in the corner eventually message unavailable no apps what so ever! showing when trying to exit the app were cured for me after the previous update 3.6 only to reappear now with the latest update.

As if they attempted to cure one set of problem which created a much bigger one for many more people creating negitive comments in the public domain,  so just reverted back to minimize the fallout as a quick fix

profile.country.DK.title
diheor

It seems the problem has been fixed. For two days app list is there and the apps are running. 

profile.country.en_GB.title
tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

Yes our team of engineers is working very hard behind the scenes to resolve this 100% ASAP. I am happy to see significant improvements are noticeable. I will come back to you guys as promised with full explanation as soon as the enhancements have been completed :grin:

Cheers,

Nico

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)