Join now - be part of our community!

two sony products and little upset user

zilhaax
Explorer

two sony products and little upset user

HI
I have PC setup as server for my miltimedia files (based on TVersity).
On my xperia Z I can watch and listen to all my collection throu MX Player.
Two weeks ago I upgraded my TV to KDL-50W656A, and I can see in technical specification he is capable to play lots of different file formats

MPEG1/MPEG2PS/MPEG2TS/AVCHD/MP4Part10/MP4Part2/AVI(XVID)/AVI(MotinJpeg)/MOV/WMV/MKV/WEBM/3GPP/MP3/WMA/LPCM/JPEG/MPO
but when I try to watch content ( what my xperia Z can play) throu build in TV media player, got no files shown up in sharing folder.
Can I install my own players on this TV ?
Why I cant see files? files are *.mp4
I upgraded software on TV to newest one available.
regards

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

A more comprehensive list of the supported files/codecs is listed : HERE

Run the problem video files via a program called Media Info from : HERE and ensure that the video/audio codecs are supported under the container used (ie MP4)

I dont have any knowledge of TVersity, however Sony have their own program called Homestream (which is based on Serviio).  Have a look at it anyhow, as it may solve your problems.

You cannot install your own Media player on the TV. 

MP4 is what they call a container, which incorporates the video/audio codecs as well as other information, all into one file.  See the following website for more information : HERE

Cheers

zilhaax
Explorer

hmm so I did try Your sugestion, and now I cannot open files on my Xperia Z streamed by Homestream as Movies app by sony does not allow me to open files in mx player, only by itself, and media is not supported. TVersity have separate app to connect to server and let me chose what app needs to open specified file.
I know Homestream or Serviio have similar app but server needs to be PRO. Not cheap app.
My dreambox (based on linux) records files in TS format, and Homestream does not reckognize them.
So cannot strem them too.

Homestream also does subtitles but polish language have bad support and some letters are shown as #$^?.
I did try different ISO and coding.

I even placed all media files on mobile HDD and SmartTV media player lacks of file support.

Sony let us install apk chosen by us. I think MXplayer will do it nicelly.

thanks