Join now - be part of our community!

Update firmware for Sony Bravia KDL26V4000

profile.country.en_GB.title
heather07
Visitor

Update firmware for Sony Bravia KDL26V4000

I connected my Sony Bravia KDLV4000 TV to a Sky+HD box Saturday 13th October and everything was fine for a couple of days.  However, last night (Monday 15th October) suddenly a message appears that there is a HDCP error and I should contact Sky.  This occurred when I left the HD box on and switched off the TV.  When I switched the TV on I had the HDCP message.  I cleared it by turning my Sky+HD box to standby and then turning it back on with the remote control and everything was fine again.  Then I turned the TV off again, with the box on and the same message appeared.  This time I contacted Sky and they asked me to swap the HDMI cable round.  I did this and it did not cure it.  Then I was asked to do a planner rebuild, but this did nothing either.  They have now decided it could be two things. The first is the HDMI cable is faulty, the second is that my TV needs a firmware update.  An engineer is coming on Sunday to sort out the cable, but for the second, if I am asked by the engineer,  I need to know how to update the firmware for my tv.  If there is anybody that can help me? I would be most grateful.  A prompt response would be most appreciated.

Feather42

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

There isn't a firmware update for your particular TV - http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/kdl-26v4000

It sounds like something has changed on the Sky box, which is why the HDCP isn't handshaking properly ( High Definition Copyright Protection) so the Sky engineer would be able to resolve this as nothing has changed on the TV itself. Could always try a different HDMI socket and see if that makes a difference, but my guess is that its unlikely.

Thanks