Join now - be part of our community!

USB Recording with Sony KDL32W654A

boyster
Explorer

USB Recording with Sony KDL32W654A

Hi,

I've just bought a new Bravia which is great so far. But now want to get a USB HDD so I can pause live TV, record etc. But struggling to find any information - anyone got any ideas?

1) Do the W6 models support USB 3.0

2) There is some talk about a performance check for HDD - do Sony publish what the performance required is? I'm hoping to use a Flash memory stick, but would have to buy a 32GB one and don't want the hassle of returning it if it doesn't meet performance.

3) Seen it mentioned that older Bravias require FAT formatted drives. But it sounds like the TV does the formatting itself. So if I bought a Sony USB drive which was NTFS formatted would that be a problem?

Many thanks in advance,

Tom

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
gofrost

USB 3.0 is not supported on these devices the easy way to identify is that 3.0 has a blue connection 2.0 is white,as these devices support both formats the only issue is what bloatware comes with each drive and the hdd will be linked to the tv ie you can only watch what you recorded on the device it was connected to.The formats for  any memory is a universal standard so if they state either standard they will/should work.

boyster
Explorer

thanks for your help. Ordered a 64GB USB drive - it has the speed to saturate the USB 2.0 link (>100MB/s write) so can't do much better than that.