Join now - be part of our community!

Using you old remote to operate new W6 TV range

profile.country.GB.title
CHRIS1066

Using you old remote to operate new W6 TV range

Having just replaced my old Sony KDL-32D3000 tv with a new KDL42W654

I find the old remote control model RM-ED009 works perfectly for nearly all operations . In fact in many ways its easier to operate having less buttons, also you can switch very quickly between two channels using "recall" button. These older remotes are easy to obtain cheaply and its always nice to have another remote. Hope this is helpfull.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Chris1066,

welcome to the Sony User Community forum..:smileyhappy:

Thanks for taking the time to share your discovery regarding the fact that your old RM-ED009 remote works on your newer Bravia, I'm sure this could be of use to others..:smileythumbsup:

profile.country.GB.title
CHRIS1066

Hi, what I forgot to mention was the W8 range and possibly others will also work if the coding is similar, it will do no harm to try.:smileywink:

profile.country.GB.title
HHGTTG
Explorer

@CHRIS1066 wrote:

Having just replaced my old Sony KDL-32D3000 tv with a new KDL42W654

I find the old remote control model RM-ED009 works perfectly for nearly all operations . In fact in many ways its easier to operate having less buttons, also you can switch very quickly between two channels using "recall" button. These older remotes are easy to obtain cheaply and its always nice to have another remote. Hope this is helpfull.

I have recently bought a Sony KDL W42653 which is replacing a seven year old Sony V series and I had purchase another remote with that as I did with the new telly. Always have two remotes for each TV.

Whilst the new TV was on, my partner gathered up the two old remotes to put them in a bag and to our surprise managed to press one of the buttons and therefore found it controlled the new TV. It's a much nicer remote and controls most of the essential function and so we use that as well and it has the feature of recalling the previous channel you were watching which the new, smaller black and flimsier one doesn't.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

I know what you mean - sure some of the old Plasma/first LCD remotes were beautful metal pieces which had a loverly weight to them. Its useful they all operate on the same frequencies..