Join now - be part of our community!

UWA-BR100 wireless network dongle with a Bravia KDL-32V5810

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
squidsquid
New

UWA-BR100 wireless network dongle with a Bravia KDL-32V5810

I am trying to use a UWA-BR100 wireless network dongle with a Bravia KDL-32V5810 to connect to my home network.  When I plug the dongle in I get the error message "This USB Device is not supported".  Does anyone have any ideas on why this happens and what I can do to fix it (if anything?)?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
drhowells
New

Sorry, but looks like this wireless dongle is not compatible with that TV. You are unable to get a wireless connection on that TV.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
drhowells
New

Sorry, but looks like this wireless dongle is not compatible with that TV. You are unable to get a wireless connection on that TV.

squidsquid
New

Thanks for the reply.  It look like I can't connect this TV wirelessly using this dongle evn though I was told when I bought it you could.  I understand I can connect via hard wire as there is an ethernet port on the TV but this would involve a fair amount of reoranisation of where my router is.  I have come across the Netgear Universal WiFi Internet Adaptor WNCE2001 and was wondering if this would work with the KDL-32V5810 to connect wireless?  Have you any experience of this?

Bravia55HX

Hi,

i think there has been a mis understanding here somewhere, drhowells answer to your question is partly correct, in the sense you cannot use the dongle for internet connection wirelessly, in response to your second question, you cant do it with a wired connection either as your tv is NOT an internet enabled set, the only thing its capable of is DNLA through your home network and for that you do not need a connection wired or otherwise.

purplestarfish
Explorer

Hello.  I've just received my KDL32CX523BU 32-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 50Hz LCD Internet TV with Freeview HD and wonder which wireless internet gadget I would need and does it have to be a Sony one or can it be another brand or a universal one?  I thought anything needed for the internet would have been included...

drhowells
New

Hi, for the future, you will be better off starting a new thread, rather than adding onto someone else's question. Just makes it easier for everyone to find the responses to their own question....but here is a quick answer:

The TV can go on the internet using a network cable connected to the TV and your internet router/modem (if they are close enough). If you want to go wireless though, you will have to purchase the Sony UWA-BR100. No other wireless dongle will work.

purplestarfish
Explorer

Thanks drhowells. Although about a different model, I just thought that it was basically the same so it would follow on.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi purplestarfish,

welcome to Questions & Answers..

Another option that you could consider is purchasing a set of homeplugs, something like the TP-Link HomePlug AV Ethernet Adapter Starter Ki

purplestarfish
Explorer

Someone has given me a telephone-like wire to connect the internet gadget with the flashing lights to the television. I'll see if I can fit it to the television in the right place and see how it goes.