Join now - be part of our community!

w905a and netflix not working

profile.country.GB.title
wallace570
Explorer

w905a and netflix not working

my dads kdl55w905a is on update 4.600, but the netflix sdk4.0.4 is the old version and hasnt been working for 18 months, how can i solve this problem? and get the netflix sdk4.0.6 onto his tv?.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you try doing a 'Refresh Internet Content' by going to Settings > Network > Refresh Internet Content

If that doesnt work, what is the exact error message and/or error number are you getting?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
wallace570
Explorer

Tried that no luck also restored factory settings no luck either. from the start pressed SEN, selected netflix this server connot be accessed at this time press retry (netflix loads with the old screen full red background with white wrighting) ''Couldn't connect to Netflix. Please try again or restart your home network and streaming device. for more info, visit netflix.com/nethelp. code: nw-4-8.

Pressed down to more info, down to device info  

software is.....PKG4.600EUA/2013.2.4

Netflix version.....nrdapp 2013.2.4 / nrdlib 2013.2.4 / mdxlib2013.2 / sdk 4.0.4-release-2034013 (netflix website said sdk4.04 is older and should be sdk4.0.6)

Go down to check your network server 1 to 4 red x with code nw-4-8 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thanks for the additional information - which ISP are you with?  Is it BT, if so do you have a HomeHub 3 by any chance?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
wallace570
Explorer

hes with talktalk has the hg633 internets not the fastest but its definatly a tv problem as it works through an old playstation3 on a non smart tv

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Ok, so my theory is out in regards to BT :slight_smile:

Next thing to try is by setting the DNS Server to Googles - Use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Follow these instructions:

http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/84346/kw/

Cheers