what is applicast

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
boyoung43
New

what is applicast

Morning

I have a Bravia KDL 46W 5810

I would be greatful for info on what applicast is I am connected to an EE router by cable.

Thanks in advance

Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

iPlayer and the like came in on the BDP-S570 onwards so the device that was released a year after yours in early 2010. I'm guessing you bought yours as part of a package in 2009/early 2010 as they are the same generation right? The Tv is still excellent, but to add the 'smart' element, you could just replace the Blu-ray player with any of the current models. The 2013 models ahve just started shipping I think.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Catmambo
Contributor

Ah, Applicast, brings back memories. Its an old system of delivering widgets to the TV, but its since been superseded by Sony Entertainment Network on newer devices, so I'm afraid you won't find anything of note on there any more.

If you are interested in getting online though, worth checking out the Blu-ray players as besides making all your existing DVD's look much much better, you can also access services like BBC iPlayer. http://www.sony.co.uk/hub/blu-ray-disc-player

Hope this helps

boyoung43
New

Thank you for your time Catmambo. I have connected my router to my Bluray player.Sony BDPs560

It has no trouble recognizing my router but I cannot work out how to access services like BBCiPlayer Etc. Any help on finding this service would be great. Thanks again I am filling in your survey as well Bob

Message was edited by: boyoung43

Re worded

boyoung43
New

Thanks for your time and information

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

iPlayer and the like came in on the BDP-S570 onwards so the device that was released a year after yours in early 2010. I'm guessing you bought yours as part of a package in 2009/early 2010 as they are the same generation right? The Tv is still excellent, but to add the 'smart' element, you could just replace the Blu-ray player with any of the current models. The 2013 models ahve just started shipping I think.

Hope this helps