Join now - be part of our community!

What is the correct Monitor to select in windows xp when connecting via PC input (VGA)? And where do I get the right driver?

profile.country.en_GB.title
phil-dobson
Visitor

What is the correct Monitor to select in windows xp when connecting via PC input (VGA)? And where do I get the right driver?

Hi,

I have a KDL-40W5710 Sonia Bravia HD TV and my PC is plugged in using the PC Input (VGA).

1. What is the correct monitor to choose when configuring windows XP's display properties? Currently I'm just using the 'default monitor'. Where would I get the driver file for the monitor if it doesn't come natively with the windows install cds?

2. My graphics card does not support full hd 1080p (1920x1080) So I was planning to run half hd 720p (1280x720) however every time I select this display resolution the Bravia displays the message "Usupported signal. Adjust your PC output." and in the XMB->Screen options it says "Feature not available in current mode". If I change to 1280x768 the picture displays fine and the XMB->Screen options are enabled and let me decide how to stretch the image across the screen. My question is, why can't I select the resolution I want? I don't want to have to stretch the screen if this means distorting the aspect ratio, but the alternative is to not use the full screen area. Don't many sources of video use 720p? If I got a better Graphics card that supported 1080p would that work or would I get the same message?

0 REPLIES 0