Join now - be part of our community!

Wifi connection keeps dropping out 55w905

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
stegabilly
Explorer

Wifi connection keeps dropping out 55w905

Is there any reason that my TV should keep dropping off wifi and give me a 'Please check network connectin' message - it happens frequently when watching Netflix; the stream will start buffering and stop at 25% and then if I reboot netflix I will get the message.

Also, I have just started using the Plex app from the Opera store and it is constantly crashing and giving me the 'please connect to network' message after. Testing the Plex on the PS4, that seems to give me no problems so far.

I must mention that every other device during these drop outs remains connected to the network and working fine. I need to try and hard wire the TV but the router is downstairs. It's not far enough away however to cause any problem with the PS3/PS4/Phones/Laptop/Desktop.

Just seen similar post below saying that I should have three bars or above. I have checked and the TV is recieving three bars even when it says 'please check your network connection'.

Any ideas? Cheers. Other than that it's an awesome TV.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately there are many reasons why there are Wifi signal issues.  Considering there is a distance between router and TV, I would recommend a set of Homeplugs.

These on Amazon are £25 : www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-PA411KIT-Powerline-Adapter-Starter/dp/B0084Y9N3O/

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately there are many reasons why there are Wifi signal issues.  Considering there is a distance between router and TV, I would recommend a set of Homeplugs.

These on Amazon are £25 : www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-PA411KIT-Powerline-Adapter-Starter/dp/B0084Y9N3O/

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
stegabilly
Explorer

thanks. hard wiring it was the solution. still have problems with plex on the tv. Well, I had problems, the problem now is that it seems to have been removed. I get the error message:

"oops! Something went wrong... This application has been disabled because of reported problems" - just as it was all coming together! haha

Any word on what's going on with that?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

So close hey !

Unfortunately I have no experience with Plex (either via the Opera TV App or otherwise).  I would recommend posting this particular problem on the plex forums to be honest - as its app specific, you would probably get a quicker/better response?

https://forums.plex.tv/

Cheers