Join now - be part of our community!

wireless connection from mobile phone to tv

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
chris.hughes
Visitor

wireless connection from mobile phone to tv

Can I wirelessly connect my mobile phone (Google Nexus 4) to my KDL-26EX553 tv? (Mainly to show photos.)

Message was edited by: chris.hughes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
chris.hughes
Visitor

Yes, Bubble UPnP works great. (Apparently, the Nexus 4 has a DLNA protocol called Miracast. Any way, it works fine with the app. Also got Media Remote, which also works great. Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
etritd
New

I think you can as your phone is a smart one and supports the “DLNA Push controller” function. For the instruction go to the following link:

pdf.crse.com/manuals/AE7S100811/ENG/wfdirect_wfintegrated.html

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Alternatively on what etritd said above, you can also use an App called BubbleUPnP, available on android (googles play store). It works pretty well, last time I used it.

Cheers.

chris.hughes
Visitor

Thanks for that - will try both suggestions. BTW, what about the Sony apps I've seen listed in Google Play (TV Sideshow and Media Remote)?

etritd
New

You can control the TV using the “Media Remote” app. For instruction go to the following link:

pdf.crse.com/manuals/AE7S100811/ENG/mediaremote.html

chris.hughes
Visitor

Yes, Bubble UPnP works great. (Apparently, the Nexus 4 has a DLNA protocol called Miracast. Any way, it works fine with the app. Also got Media Remote, which also works great. Thanks for the help.

In my Sony bravia TV it has all the latest facility including WiFi whenever I search how to connect my phone to TV all the sites including the TV I manual they show to go to application and do something with the WiFi direct but there is no option like dat plz help me
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Please respond back with the model of your TV and phone (it helps)

Cheers

model-kdl-40ex520
mobile - moto g (anroid)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This TV does not automattically have Wifi and you need to have the Sony UWA-BR100 Wireless Dongle plugged into a USB port on the TV.  Can you please confirm if you have this.

If you do, try unplugging the dongle and replugging it back in again, also ensure that you have decent signal strength.

If you dont, you need to purchase it.  Amazon sells it for £69 currently : HERE

Cheers