Join now - be part of our community!

X3000, X3500 and W4500 screen faults.

profile.country.en_GB.title
mattclarkie1
Visitor

X3000, X3500 and W4500 screen faults.

Sony are aware that the models X3000, X3500 and W4500 suffer from manufacturing faults with the screen that causes them to break at approximately 2years old. Despite this,Sony will not acknowledge existence of the fault when contacted about faulty units. The fault causes distortion most often to the left side of the screen for a minimum of 10minutes after turning the TV on, and the problem can be so extreme that units are not watchable for an hour or more after switching on.

Sony US have acknowledged the fault http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/news-item.pl?news_id=378&mdl=KDL46XBR4 but Sony UK does not.

There are many threads with proof of the fault, and many repair centres are well aware of the fault, but Sony UK does not acknowledge the Internet (and phone calls) as proof that a fault exists.

Here are some examples of my 46X3500 exhibiting the fault.

DSCF0354.JPG

DSCF0355.JPG

When will Sony UK admit the fault exists?

Message was edited by: mattclarkie1

20 REPLIES 20
Boughtafewsonys
Visitor

here is my 40W4500 fault

I'm interested in Lazarus' comments re Comet saying the Tconn board and LCD panel are a single part

They are telling me the opposite! This is just another reason why I am not paying a penny.

strummer61
Visitor

I have the exact same problem on my 2 year old 40X3500

What a disgrace Sony UK won't step up to this problem!

I've never owned a non-Sony TV.  No more.   That's the last Sony I ever buy.

strummer61
Visitor

This should be reported to BBC Watchdog.

Get Ann Robinson on the job!

strummer61
Visitor

Spoke to Sony UK today.  I explained the fault & they said it wasn't a know fault!

I said that there were dozens of people with the same fault on their own website & that Sony USA & Australia have acknowledged it.

They said they have nothing to do with Sony USA or Australia, so I would have to pay for the repair.

I requested to escalate the complaint & was given this address to write to.

Customer Info Centre

Sony UK ltd

Jays close

Viables

Basingstoke

RG22 4SB

strummer61
Visitor

According to Sony UK, you're all liars.

This fault doesn't exist & none of you have reported it, because it doesn't appear on their database!

Unfortunately, this forum doesn't accept Cut & Paste.  if someone can tell me how to do it, I will post the email I just received from Sony UK.

How many here would be interested in taking part in a complaint to BBC Watchdog?

mattclarkie1
Visitor

I've sent into BBC Watchdog, but it will take a few more of us for them to become interested. If everybody in this thread reported this issue, and linked back to this thread, they might investigate it.

The last thing Sony want is proof that the issue exists and has been reported, as you know they claim it doesn't exist, but once the BBC investigate it they will no longer be able to claim no knowledge of the fault.

strummer61
Visitor

I've also reported this to BBC Watchdog.

We need to co-ordinate this properly & get togther.

There are at least 3 threads on here with the same subject.

We need t get together & make sure every Sony TV owner knows about this.  If there are 30 or so on here, imagine how many there are around the country who are just paying out for repairs???

Sony UK are a complete disgrace!  This needs to be put right.

strummer61
Visitor

This issue should be broadcast on Facebook or Twitter.

Does anybody here use those things?

profile.country.hr_HR.title
lord22
Visitor

After 2 years and one month same problems with kdl-40w4500 expired insurance after 2 yers.

Last year was taken to an authorized service, It's been more than four months and failure is not resolved.

I hope that others will write about the same problems, definitely Sony released a bad product and Sony himself

knows that but does nothing about it.

Never again Sony!

Message was edited by: lord22

profile.country.hr_HR.title
lord22
Visitor

This issue should be broadcast on Facebook or Twitter.

Does anybody here use those things?

good thinking

Message was edited by: lord22