Join now - be part of our community!

YouTube and iPlayer on the KDL-40V5810?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
hare_krishna
Visitor

YouTube and iPlayer on the KDL-40V5810?

Hi

I bought the KDL-40V5810 and discovered that widgets can be added to it. I am trying to add widgets for streaming BBC iPlayer and YouTube but the firmware doesn't seem to support it.

Is there a way to watch YouTube or BBC iPlayer on the Sony Bravia KDL-40V5810?  Is there any other way I can make the most of its DNLA, Ethernet or Applicast functions?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Yes I think you can receive iPlayer as its a Freesat model - maybe try updating the firmware first from the support pages or give the call centre a buzz and they can help I'm sure...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Catmambo
Contributor

Yes I think you can receive iPlayer as its a Freesat model - maybe try updating the firmware first from the support pages or give the call centre a buzz and they can help I'm sure...

Leokolari
Visitor

Hi,

I have the Sony Bravia KDL-46V5810 wich is very similar to what you have there. BBC iPlayer can be simply watched by firstly pluging in the network cable from your modem to your TV as it requires internet access in order to streem the iPlayer service. You have done this I'm assuming. Once you have internet access on your TV, then you simply use the "RED" button on your remote control and BBC iPlayer will apear on the menu. You must be on BBC channel when you use the red buton.

As for YouTube, I have no idea as I am trying to do the same.

I hope this helps.

Leo