Join now - be part of our community!

YouTube app & Unable to adjust picture settings. YouTube picture defaults to vivid.

profile.country.GB.title
sound10

YouTube app & Unable to adjust picture settings. YouTube picture defaults to vivid.

Hi everyone, I am considering purchasing the 32WD756 TV. However I have come across various posts on the web whereby people who own this TV and similar models who are unable to adjust picture settings when using the YouTube app on their TV. The tv seems to default to a vivid picture everytime the YouTube app is used. Having spoken to Sony UK support today, I was told that they are aware of it, but there is no fix. Secondly I was told that this issue has nothing to with Sony and is totally down to Google. Not sure here who is right or wrong tbh. What is important is that Sony get this issued sorted and when you use any apps on the TV, your picture settings remain the same and can be adjusted when using any apps including YouTube. 

Any help and advice with this issue would be greatly appreciated !

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi there,

We've escalated your comment to our Support Team now, and we've asked them if there's anything further they can advise here. We hope to have a response for you soon.

Thanks,

Owen

profile.country.GB.title
sound10

Hi Owen, thanks for your reply and help with this. Looking to buy the Sony 32WD756 soon. Therefore if this tv and others have this issue, then this can be sorted hopefully with a firmware fix.

Just to add that Whathifi magazine did a review of the Sony 32WD603 in July 2016 and encountered the same issue with that TV. Here is the link to the review :- https://www.whathifi.com/sony/kdl-32wd603/review

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi sound10, 

I have some info back for you:

This is something that was addressed with an update, and it can be changed in the settings if needed. Here are the steps:

1. Press the HOME button on the remote control.
  2. Select Videos in the Apps category.
  3. Press the ACTION MENU button on the remote control.
  4. Select Picture.
  5. Select Auto Picture Mode and set to Off.
  6. Turn the TV off and back on.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes, 

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
azureblue
Explorer

Has a subsequent update invalidated this fix? I have the exact same TV model but the steps listed below don't seem to apply.

Step 2 : There's "All apps", which then has iPlayer, YouTube etc., but I see no "Apps category", or "Videos" within "All apps".

Is there some other app that can be selected which doesn't block the use of the OPTIONS button to get to the picture settings? (e.g. iPlayer seems to block the functionality of any button that isn't part of its navigation)

Step 3 : Does ACTION MENU button mean the center of the circle? That term isn't mentioned in the manual.