Join now - be part of our community!

Youtube on Bravia KDL EX723

profile.country.en_GB.title
arvinO
Visitor

Youtube on Bravia KDL EX723

Has anyone noticed that youtube contents on bravia tv are limited, not much as you can get in a pc. Why is that?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

copyrights/licensings and keeping things family oriented(general audience). Standard practise on all manufacturers unfortunatley.

profile.country.en_GB.title
sony-cat

I believe on closer insepction that the YouTube 'app' provided with Bravia TV's is a variant ofYouTube XL, I agree the content does seem to be limited.  This seems to be the case with my PS3 and Andoird phone too.  You can view it on PC here:
http://www.youtube.com/xl

They describe it as "YouTube XL is a version of YouTube optimized for watching YouTube videos on any large screen."

In practise that seems to be a way of restricting content.  I can't view YouTube shows and some of the more popular videos.  I was pleased to say I could find my own, so I suppose this doesn't apply to user uploaded videos?

I also notice that YouTube seem to have an option when you upload a video, to allow it be played on smart TV's, which I assume means it is uploaded with a slightly different liscence.  Which I assume means YouTube already know it is annoying and are trying to something about it.

I find it amazing these things are such an issue, I can already do all things the TV is missing by simply plugging in my laptop.  Shouild it really make such a difference that I am using my TV to do it instead?  But I guess the people who make the content feel like the need more rewards for doing so.