Join now - be part of our community!

2 Problems: About running on battery and energy options

CrownSando
Visitor

2 Problems: About running on battery and energy options

Hey there hows it going,
two problems as mentioned above:

First problem... Whenever I run my notebook on battery, theres a hissing sound coming from inside it. I googled and it appears like its not such an uncommom problem. At least the C series here all have the same problem.
Sound comes when theres no real load on the CPU or ram, if the notebook is busy theres no hissing sound. Only emerges in battery mode... anyone got a workaround for this? kinda unnerving...

other problem is setting up vaio power management... i try to change anything on it and press ok i get a notification from windows, that the data execution prevention has kicked in. so i cant make any changes on the vaio power management schemes?

help is really appreciated on both topics.. thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Crown Sando and welcome to Club Vaio.

I can’t help with the first problem, but turning off DEP for Vaio Power Management may be the answer to your second point.

1. Click Start
2. Select Control Panel
3. Select System
4. Click the Advanced tab
5. In the Performance region select Settings
6. Click the Data Execute Prevention tab.
7. Select Turn on DEP for all programs and services except for those I select
8. Click Add.
9. Browse to and select the application.
10. Click Open
11. Click Apply
12. Click Ok
13. Reboot

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
CrownSando
Visitor

Thank you for the instructions :slight_smile: Probably gonna follow these... Do you think I'll have any safety issues though? (I'm already surfing and doing most of my stuff with a restricted windows account, so I guess not really.. but don't know so much about it).