Join now - be part of our community!

3 Year Insurance pack PCGE-VPIP3?

zardoz
Visitor

3 Year Insurance pack PCGE-VPIP3?

I'm interested in the 3 Year Insurance pack against theft and damage PCGE-VPIP3, currently being promoted on My Club Vaio, but unless I'm missing something, the promotional material doesn't mention two important things; how much it costs, and where to buy it (searching the various Sony sites for PCGE-VPIP3 finds nothing).

Could somebody please give me a hint as to where I can buy this service pack?

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi zardoz,

Merry Christmas and welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

I can not find the insurance for sale on a Sony site either, you see if your local Sony Centre has the VPIP in stock..

I have found it for sale on several other web sites and this seems to be one of the cheapest at £142.82 Inc VAT (Don't know how good the service is as I've never purchased anything from this site)

zardoz
Visitor

Thanks Thalamus, I could swear I googled for it and didn't get any results, but it looks like there are several online sources.

Thanks again, best wishes for the new year.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

No problem zardoz, hope you have great new year also.. :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Check eBuyer too

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thought it strange that I couldn't find the 3 year insurance pack for sale on Sony Style though.. :thinking:

kee-lo_

zardoz
Visitor

OK, so I've got the warranty in my hand, and according to the promotion it's available to consumers and professionals, so I create a "Private" (as opposed to company) account on www.Sony-b2b.com, but after logging in and attempting to register my vaio and warranty I get a "Your Serial number could not be registered" error. I tried to email info@vaioinsurance.co.uk for advice, but the mail was blocked, presumably because I'm current'y in the USA.

Why is this proving so difficult? Could someone please offer some advice on how to get this warranty registered...

kee-lo_

Someone from VAIO-Link should be in touch soon

zardoz
Visitor

Thanks for the reply Kee-Lo. Does it usually take longer than a week? I understand that they may be handling a higher number of support issues than usual after the holiday season, but that still leaves me with an uninsured laptop while I'm waiting 😞