Join now - be part of our community!

64-bit or 32-bit

HassanE
Visitor

64-bit or 32-bit

Hi People i have a FE31B Core 2 duo T5500 i wanna know if its 32-bit ir 64-bit, its really important please help me
Thnx fr all

12 REPLIES 12
Lord_Olorin
Visitor

Only Vista Ultimate is shipped with the 2 versions in 1 package.
According to Microsoft, you should be able to order (for a small fee) the 64-bit edition for all other versions except Basic here .
I tried this with the Windows-code on the back of the laptop, but I only get "Sorry, no offers found" or something. I called Sony Support, they are now processing my request.
Even if you CAN install 64-bit, it's still waiting to see how the hardware will respond to it. You need 64-bit drivers for everything, so if there is no 64-bit camera driver, you can forget about it.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Windows 64 bit editions should work with that processor, but as you say Lord_Olorin Sony don't seem to be that forthcoming with that edition.

Resonate
Visitor

You need 64-bit drivers for everything, so if there is no 64-bit camera driver, you can forget about it.

Its always been the same old story with 64 bit Drivers there always very hard to come by, When the 32bit drivers are in abundance its always been 64 lagging behind & now that VISTA is on the scene i see the same thing happening & nobody will be able to get the 64bit drivers so easy......