Join now - be part of our community!

A217M to SANYO PLV Z3 connectivity trouble

e.fabre
Visitor

A217M to SANYO PLV Z3 connectivity trouble

:cry: Hi every body,

The sony commercial brochure is talking about the smart display software that enable the automatical configaration of the video out signal...
I am steel waiting to see a movie on my projector.
The trouble is that on the A217 the only suitable video out connection is a VGA output.
The VGA connection on the projector do not allows TV resolutions, so the quality is very poor.
For a well image quality I shoud connect with YUV cables.
Is there anybody that solve the trouble ?
Why didn't they put a Svideo out on this notebook ?
Why didn't they put a vga to YUV adaptator on the box ?
May be they though that a 17" panel was enough to watch a movie, let try a 10 feet projected image and change your mind...

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

Why didn't they put a Svideo out on this notebook ?
Why didn't they put a vga to YUV adaptator on the box ?

Why did you buy it if you knew you needed an S-video connection?

Can your projector not accept the composite video output from the A/V port?

e.fabre
Visitor

First I bought it because it was presented with an ATI 9700 video card which is usually able to out put an HDTV signal, and that the american specification is talking of a VGA output equiped with a SMART PANEL SENSOR.
I thouhg that it was meaning that I could output a HDTV signal by the vga port, and it can, the dock station is equiped with a YUV out put.
The trouble is that after three call to the VAIO support no one is understanding what I was talking about. And that you don't buy a notebook to travel with a dock station.
So I have to buy some expensive cables to try by my self.
I can not believe that no body thouhgt about that at the VAIO staff.
Sincerly.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

HDTV isn't as big in Europe as it is in the US, we still have to catch up with this.

We'll get there hopefully.
Not many people have HDTV at hom either.