Join now - be part of our community!

A317M PROBLEM

Kwanza
Visitor

A317M PROBLEM

Hi, everyone.
I'm new here...
I registered because i really don't know where else i can get any help.

I've had my A317M for a little more than a year and after all that time of installing, unstillang software and playing around i wanted to clean install.

So i formated my Vaio, replaced all the drivers eveything was perfect for a few hours, but ever since my computer is horribly SLOW!!

VLC media, Winamp or even my webcam in messenger uses all of my CPU, the mouse sticks, it barely moves and i have to reboot about every 2 hours :slight_frown: :slight_frown: :slight_frown:

I reformated (by the way i'm using XP PRO SP2... i was using the same version before) and i still have the same problem.
I really don't know where the problem can come from.
I'm even thinking about replacing my RAM.

PLEASE HELP ME!!! :pray: I LOVE MY VAIO BUT IT DOESN'T LOVE ME!!

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Kwanza and welcome to the forum.

Can you clarify whether you have re-installed the OEM OS that came pre-installed on your Vaio or are you now using a retail version of XP Pro?

If the latter, have you downloaded and installed all of the Drivers and Utilities from Vaio-Link?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Kwanza
Visitor

Thanks for your help.
I'm a student and have access to the MSDN Academic Alliance, so I downloaded Windows XP PRO SP2.
My laptop originaly came with XP Home Edition, but i installed XP PRO and the Vaio drivers the first week i got it.

For a whole year it was perfect until recently.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Welcome to the Club!

Could be spyware - do a full scan with Spybot and Adaware just to be on the safe side.

Keep your virus definitions up to date and make sure you have a firewall running.