Join now - be part of our community!

about using the battery / à propos de l'utilisation de la battery (faut il l'enlever?)

aliblues
Visitor

about using the battery / à propos de l'utilisation de la battery (faut il l'enlever?)

hi all
i'm glad to be here, having recently bought a sony vaio FE31, i discover vaio club and all those things making life easier for sony notebook users.

my question is about battery. I don't know if we must remove it while notebook is on home electricity and if letting it in, do we risk damaging it and shortening its durability ?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi aliblues

Welcome to Club vaio,

You may find these sites on How to prolong lithium-based batteries and If I remove the battery & run from a power source will it lengthen battery life? of interest.. :slight_smile:

aliblues
Visitor

thanks thalamus
after some reading, i can resume it by saying that we should remove the battery when the laptop is on fixed power (courant alternatif.
It is important to store it at 40% charge in a cool place. Incomplete discharge isn't good for the battery, a complete discharge should be done every 30 charge though in order to keep the fuel gauge well calibrated.
i still wonder how we can apply a full discharge to a battery but the most important think actually is that a battery should ne removed from laptop when it's on fixed power

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome aliblues.. :slight_smile: