Join now - be part of our community!

answers

feederfan
Visitor

answers

Ok, to clear this up
You definitly have a mobile CPU, if you didnt your battery life would be crap, and im talking about 45 mins at most. The detection might be wrong because a Pentium 4 M IS A DESKTOP CHIP. The only difference is the speedstep technology, this allows the processor to slow down to conserve battery life. I think that Intel tool doesnt detect speedstep properly easiest way to find out if you have it though, is right click on my computer and click properties while the computer is plugged in. It should report your CPU type and it will say something like Intel Pentium 4 M 3.06Ghz, 3.06Ghz. Then try the same when your laptop is on battery power, now it will say something like Intel Pentium 4 M 3.06Ghz, 1.5Ghz.
I am 100% positive that you must have a mobile processor.
And about the hyperthreading, no mobile CPUs have this, Its uses way too much power, My K29 has a 2.8Ghz P4M and that doesnt have hyperthreading either. So im sure that you are not supposed to have that

And, kee-lo, by the way, you can get Media Centre 2005 for use on home builds as an OEM Package

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

And, kee-lo, by the way, you can get Media Centre 2005 for use on home builds as an OEM Package

Thanks