Join now - be part of our community!

Anyone know which wireless channel the AR11S transmits on

PoorFool
Visitor

Anyone know which wireless channel the AR11S transmits on

Got an issue connecting wirelessly to a linksys WRT54G. I'm staying in an hotel for the next couple of months and trying to make my laptop wireless using a cheap wireless router WRT54G. I can see the internet connected but wirelessly it throws a wobbly. Looking in the config it has 11 different channels around the 2.4GHz range. it defaults to channel 6 - 2.437GHz. Does anyone know if this is right?

Otherwise it might be something funny to do with the funky setup in the hotel which means that I need to connect the router as a straight router (i.e. using an ordinary channel - not the "internet slot") Maybe that's causing the router to not transmit although I can't think why.

I have plenty of time to fix this :-((((((

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The answer is all of them !!

The channel is set on the router and the AR11 will connect using that channel. Try some other channels (9 or 11) and try to connect.

Have a read of this WiFi Connection Guide

:wink:

You have got "Enable Wireless Access Point" enabled in your router wireless settings? Is the wireless light illuminated on the router?

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Should be defaulting at 11

PoorFool
Visitor

It was set as default to 11. The problem was that the machine was going into powersave mode which had the annoying property of kicking off the WLAN so every time I rebooted it was automatically turning it off even after I'd re-enabled it. Still not quite sure how I managed to fix it 😞