Join now - be part of our community!

Anyone recomended a souncard for my s5xpb

Carloni
Visitor

Anyone recomended a souncard for my s5xpb

Im using my Vaio in a recording studio enviroment where I need a few out's and in's. Anyone know of any good soundcards out there compatable with my B series?

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_
Carloni
Visitor

Cheers bud, gonna go for the Tascam us122 me tinks. Didnt realise that u could get usb sound cards, thought that there would be some device that connected to the head and mic inputs at first, good old bloody usb aye.
This tascam will be great, tis the final part to sync'in my setup up. I will be able to link my mixing desk and sequencers to my Vaio for writing and producing in the studio, and also use it for performing my live set using Ableton Live.
A luv these bloody Vaio's &@^@%$^££&"

kee-lo_

It does look interesting that Tascam, let us know how it goes

Carloni
Visitor

ye man, did a bit of reading up on this. Gonna aim for getting a firewire device me thinks (better data transfer innit). I am now looking at going for a new Mackie desk this year, I will be able to firewire it with my Vaio n do some pretty sick stuff .. I am thinking that 1 like the Tascam us21 would be sufficient, cheap and portable enough to do what I need to do at gigs.
I dunno I'll keep on my research!!

TheTurk
Visitor

i got myself an audigy 2 ZS (PCMCIA and not USB) and i'm pretty happy with it!! the sound card u should choose depends on ur budget ofcourse but i recommend u the same, its thx certified and stuff

c ya

kee-lo_

Yeah you need to keep it compatible with other hardware in the studio

Carloni
Visitor

Got it sussed, the Mackie desk will sync with my Vaio via firewire allowing me to send multiple track information from my software to different channels on my desk, the possibilities are then endless, it will have all the midi and audio channels I need.
Prob gonna spend about 300 on good card for portability, got a bit of time to decide anyhow..........