Join now - be part of our community!

AR11B vista compatible?

tsmetjen
Visitor

AR11B vista compatible?

Hi ,

i'v downloaded and run 'windows vista upgrade adviser' program from the windows website.
But it keeps scanning the system, and does'nt give any result.
I've tried stopping antivirus and firewall programs, but no result so far.
I have the latest drivers from the VAIO support website.

So, is my notebook not vista ready?
:thinking:

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Vista is going to be a memory hungry OS, so I'd suggest at least 1GB of RAM (where does MS get off?) and your A series should be more than capable of handling Vista

tsmetjen
Visitor

Vista is going to be a memory hungry OS, so I'd suggest at least 1GB of RAM (where does MS get off?) and your A series should be more than capable of handling Vista

i have already 1.5GB of RAM and a GEFORCE Go 7400 (full HD 1080 ready with hdmi/hdcp) graphic card. Already working with a pioneer plasma 436XDE HD through the hdmi connector.

still don't know why the upgrade advisor isn't working

frannys
Visitor

Get it on,just make sure you have drivers at the ready.Vista will configure most things on the installation.

kee-lo_

I think you'll be more than ready for Vista

tsmetjen
Visitor

I think you'll be more than ready for Vista

i've tried the beta version and it doesn't work
:slight_frown:

kee-lo_

In what way, missing drivers?

tsmetjen
Visitor

In what way, missing drivers?

I'v installed Windows Vista Beta on the d partiton. At startup of vista I get a black screen, even in safe mode.
I'm not to familiar with drivers:smileyblush:

tsmetjen
Visitor

Vista Ultimate RC2 build 5744 is running on my VIAO:smileygrin:

some problems to deal with ;:

no sound, although vista has drivers for digital audio
no eject button for the dvd

andrewb
Visitor

Hi, I had the same sound problem with Vista RC1 on my Vaio VGN-AR11S. I fixed it by downloading the updated SigmaTel Audio Driver from Vaoi-Link, at http://www.vaio-link.com/downloads/info/info.asp?l=en&url=Downloads/ST/D/AUD/STDAUD-01129106-UN.exe&... and following the installation instructions on that page. The volume and mute buttons on the laptop keyboard work OK too.