Join now - be part of our community!

AR11S - New install ?

ZyRaIN
Visitor

AR11S - New install ?

Hi once more:)

Just have one quick question where can I find the harddisk drivers for my AR notebook ? The drives are running raid 0 so when I try to install my own Win XP pro it can't find any harddisk.

Sincerely

Zyrain

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hmm really you shouldn't need drivers for the hard disk, but the RAID card in question.

They really should be either

a) part of the recovery DVD
b) part of the utils.exe

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Try

C:\Drivers\RAID
C:\Drivers\Chipset
C:\Drivers\Intel Matrix Storage Manager

:wink:

EDIT: As the drives are SATA RAID, you will either have to slipstream the drivers with your XP installation software or put them on a floppy disc and press F6 during the XP installation. If the SATA drivers are not loaded, your disc will not be recognised.

:wink:

kee-lo_

Yeah I remember having RAID what a PITA

ZyRaIN
Visitor

I figured it out - My problem was that I could easy find the RAID controller drivers - BUT - The drivers are required to be placed on a floppy disk so when I click F6 under windows installation it looks only on the A drive but the AR11S dose not have any A driver. But what you can do is format a USB key and change the drive letter of the key to drive A then windows install will look on your USB key. :slight_smile:

Just in case anybody has the same problems:)

kee-lo_

Excellent, thanks for the info

badpoet
Visitor

Hi all,

I have a problem with my notebook provided via work. Someone has wiped the drive without making the recovery cds and appears to have destroyed the recovery partition as well.

The moral of the tale, dont let IT departments near stuff! The problem i now have is how do i get the machine back up and running? I have no backups at all with the unit and i have tried several version of xp to no avail. Can anyone provide the sata drivers so i can get xp back on it?

I have searched the net with no luck to find them, next stop is trying to buy recovery cds from sony but i am guessing this will be painful!

Thanks in advance.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi badpoet,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

A way to check if your recovery partition still works is to press F10 repeatedly when starting your Vaio as this could start the recovery process.. :slight_smile:

badpoet
Visitor

Thanks for your reply!

I had a read through the recovery manual and tried the f10 thing but all i get from that is a blank screen after the vaio splash screen. I left it for five minutes and nothing happens.

I am guessing it should boot fairly quickly into the recovery software?

I am reading through losts of posts on this website and it seem there is a way to do it as i have a fully licensed xp pro with the sata drivers if i can find them. I would prefer MCE on it for my uses but no idea how i am going to do this!

robpaxton
Explorer

The easiest option is to just buy a set of recovery disks from Vaio Link. Bill the IT department :wink: