Join now - be part of our community!

AR21 audio problem

dapicke29
New

AR21 audio problem

Recently purchased Vaio Ar21s every 2nd or 3rd re-boot it loses its audio says no device available. Run driver set up all the works for 2/3 re boots any ideas please

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi verwood21,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

Do you get the same problems if you boot several times into safe mode (press F8 repeatedly when starting your vaio)... :thinking:

Earlier in the year I was in the Albion Inn.. :smileygrin:

dapicke29
New

Booted in safe mode lost the audio had to reload the driver ..thanks for the reply

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Verwood21,

Is the audio problem solved or do you still have a problem.. :thinking:

dapicke29
New

Problem is still there I have to re-load the driver every 2nd or 3rd time it boots

budgetmil
Visitor

I had the same problem. Not sure if this is the solution but it worked for me : when you start Windows and the login screen appears, don't touch anything until Windows stops loading drivers (it can take 1 minute : you will see when the hard disk stops working).
Then, log in and again, don't touch anything until everything is loaded (again, it can take 1 minute. Just wait for the hard disk to stop working).
Check if the sound is working. If it is OK, then next time you should be able to start Windows as usual without any problem.
Don't ask me what the problem was, I don't know ! I did nothing else but that... Maybe it has something to do with the order in which the drivers/services/utilities are started ?