Join now - be part of our community!

Ar21s Blu-ray disk drive burning issues.

Stansdad
Visitor

Ar21s Blu-ray disk drive burning issues.

Does any one else have problems with burning to cd/dvd/bd with their AR21s. I reciently updated the firmware as I noticed one was available on this site, and now all of a sudden I'm unable to burn to any disk format. The drive still reads all disks, it just wont burn anything. I've tried uninstallin/reinstalling Nero, using other burning software, and also different makes of disk but nothing helps.

Please help this is really annoying.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

The only thing I can suggest to you is reflashing the firmware, but if this doesn't help then the only route you have is contacting VAIO-Link for assistance.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

I ditched Nero after causing some similar problems. Have you tried going to a sytem restore point before Nero / firmware?

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Note that using the system restore feature to fix a firmware problem will not work, this has to be done by getting the old firmware from VAIO-Link and flashing it with that.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Fair point. I suspected that it could be the initial installation of nero that caused the problem, as I had similar problems which uninstalling didn't fix.

profile.country.fr_BE.title
chefchaudart
Visitor

where did you get this update ?

"My" Vaio update does not show anything new for months ...