Join now - be part of our community!

AR21S video card or screen went crazy!

prednisolon
Visitor

AR21S video card or screen went crazy!

Hello All,

I have a vaio ar21s laptop and have been using it for almost 2 years now.
Since i bought it the only issue i had was the screen died (literally) so i replaced
it with a brand new one 5months ago.

The problem im facing right now is that the screen has vertical lines, colors are disoriented
and all these issues occur on BIOS screen as well.

I run vaio hardware diagnostic and it said the video card failes but everythingelse is fine.
I tried unistalling and reinstalling the video card but once unistalled it wouldnt let me to reinstall
it as it doesnt recognize the video card at all. i was wondering if open it up locate the video card
and maybe clear the cooling fan? or i have a wrong diagnostic? could it be RAM? or the screen again?

I have so many deadlines lined up and any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I would suspect the new screen because it still happens using the default VGA configuration during boot. Similarly it is unlikely to be a driver or software problem for the same reason.

Try connecting to an external monitor using the VGA connector and see if the image is the same or if it is OK.

If the external monitor is OK then it looks like you have another screen fault. If the external image is also faulty, then you probably have a graphics chip problem which will need repair.

:slight_frown: