Join now - be part of our community!

AR41S - I KIlled my Speakers!!!

tonystan
Visitor

AR41S - I KIlled my Speakers!!!

Brand new AR41S - first night, getting my bluetooth headset connected (worked fine) and trying to turn off the integral speakers. Managed to do that by disabling them (somewhere, somehow), but then don't get any sound. No ton speakers, bluettoth, evem stero plug into headphones socket.

Checked all the normal stuff. The speaker symbol in the status bar is unchecked and showing 100% volume.

Sound devices in device manager show:-
AVermedia Hybrid H/W MPEG Card
Realtek High Definition AUdio
Sigma el High Definition Audio CODECD

but no speakers.

The mixer control on the speaker icon only has Realtex optical(Realtex high def output) and Windows sounds, but there was 4 or so options there originally.

Checked and made sure all sound related drivers are up-to-date.

What the heck have I disabled and where can I find it again to enable it?

4 REPLIES 4
tonystan
Visitor

Just noticed - HDMI Sigma Tel High Definition CODEC not plugged in.

Any clue?

tonystan
Visitor

UPDATE

I read on another forum that uninstalling the drivers and disabling the devive and then rebooting would do the trick. Did that. And I am further forward, but not home just yet.

I go into control panel - sound - click on sounds tab - I can't get any of the basic windows sounds ("asterix, critical stopo' etc).

However, if I click on the speakers icon in the Playback tab, I can get test sounds from the speakers playing with some of the facilities on the 'enhancements' tab. So the speakers work.

No application generated sounds get played through any output channels.

I'd really appreciate some help if anyone has any ideas what else I can try.

Thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi tonystan and welcome to the forum.

Can you please confirm that Speakers/Headphones (SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC), on the Playback tab of ‘Sounds’, is enabled and set as default and has a green tick next to the icon.

If this is not the case then right click the icon, enable and set as default.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Visitor

Also make sure that your not using the digital out setting (unless your using the optical port, instead of analog).