Join now - be part of our community!

AR51J Motion Eye camera

squashme
Visitor

AR51J Motion Eye camera

Hi my motion eye camera isnt working :cry: everytime i try starting it i get an error saying it failed to initialize and to close any other software that using it but i have no other software open that is using it. any help would be great. :slight_smile:

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi squashme and welcome to Club Vaio.

I'm afraid this is a common problem. Check the following: -

1. Is your camera driver installed properly? Go to Control Panel -> Device Manager. Expand 'Imaging Devices'. Is your Vaio Camera showing as installed and working correctly?

2. Do you have the latest version of 'VAIO Camera Utility' installed? Go to C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Camera Utility and click on 'Version.txt'. I think it should have Version 2.0.00.11140 installed on your model.

3. Do you have the latest version of 'VAIO Camera Capture Utility' installed? Go to C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Camera Capture Utility and click on 'Version.txt'. I think it should have VAIO Camera Capture Utility 2.7.01.08030 installed on your model.

4. Make sure nothing is starting your camera automatically when you boot into Windows. Look in MSCONFIG -> Startup.

4. What happens if you open All Programs -> VAIO Camera Capture Utility? Can you see yourself or do you get an error.

5. Have you set up your camera to work in Skype or MSN? The camera needs to be set up with these applications.

:thinking:

squashme
Visitor

Hi thanks for your reply but theres one thing i dont have a Vaio camera utility folder under program files? and it says the camers working properly in device manager and up to date. thers no other prgrams using it as the only thing that uses a camera on start up is msn but it doesnt work on there either i cant even set it uup to work on msn as it says its nopt plugged in and cant connect to it :cry: :cry:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Not sure what to suggest. The Utilities packaged with the AR5-Series are different from previous models in the AR Range. The Original Utilities Download for the AR5-Series only has eleven Utilities included and these do not include the Vaio Camera Utility or the Vaio Camera Capture Utility.

The Original Utilities download for the AR4-Series has fourteen Utilities included.

I think you are going to have to phone Sony and ask for guidance (ie. should you have the Vaio Camera Utility installed).

If it was me, I would probably download the AR4_Series Utilities and install the Vaio Camera Utility and see if it works - but that is a risky strategy and I would not recommend it to anyone else!

:thinking:

squashme
Visitor

I have the Vaio camera capture utility just not the camera utility. but thanks anyway :cry: