Join now - be part of our community!

Are Sony VAIO laptops generally good?

profile.country.en_GB.title
andpix
Visitor

Are Sony VAIO laptops generally good?

I need to buy a new laptop as my HP is on the fritz...I've been thinking of getting a new Sony VAIO laptop, as the last two I have had (both HPs) have broken two years after purchase. Is Sony a good way to go? I am a student and don't have a lot of money, so a Mac is out of the question...http://www.uklv.info/g.gif

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Trace-T
Explorer

I absolutely love mine, it's an VPCEB3C5E [used to have an Acer, this is much better].

It's lovely to type on, the keys are springy and responsive. The lid holds itself shut, no need to fiddle with catches. The screen is excellent.

The only things not giving it full marks to me are the sound and battery.

The speakers aren't very loud and a bit tinny, although sound is good from headphones. The other being poor battery life. I only had it 7 months when the battery health indicator went from "excellent to good", the other levels being poor and critical. I have had the "battery care function" on since purchase but have to turn it off now and again to give the battery maximum charge [the battery will only last 45 mins to an hour, unless I periodically let it turn itself off and charge for several hours].

I've now had the laptop 13 months.

Not used the optical drive much as yet.

I am more than happy with the bit of Sony Vaio software preinstalled.

Just my twopenneth :wink:

Message was edited by: Trace-T