Join now - be part of our community!

Are we being shafted?

SOLVED
leferdi24
Explorer

Are we being shafted?

Seem like us in the UK are getting the worst end of Sony dealings.  We have the worst support and looks like we got the worst of the hardware too.  In the US they have been getting updates frequently, their support seems to be in more tact than ours.  Totally unfair to be treated like this Sony.  I have the Vaio flip 15 and been suffering with all sorts of problems but in the US users who have been suffering with the same problems as me have had fixes for there problems and we here in the UK are still waiting. 

Oh and sony the new site update is rubbish.  Can't even find all the drivers and software on the download pages anymore and all the info for drivers and software has been removed so now we have no idea as to what fixes are what.

Any thought from the UK users?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
leferdi24
Explorer

This gets worse by the day.... 

Apperently in the US Sony has been shipping revised versions of the Vaio Flip 13,14 & 15" for the past month or so but here in the UK we are still given the same original versions.  In the revised versions the fan problem has been sorted out,  the Wifi problem has been sorted out (change of network card) the list is pretty big.   So is it a case that we are being sold US rejects?  I'd like to hear from someone within Sony explain why this is happening? 

Why is the UK support soooooo bad? 

Why is it the US getting a revised version and we don't?

why is it the US have a better webiste than we do?  No change log on updates anymore half the updates taken down from website why?

Why is it that we never get the latest updates (BIOS, GPU ETC.....) in the same way the US does?

Someone from Sony pls give an explanation on this.......

EDIT... I see this morning the website admin have corrected the change logs on the download pages...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
leferdi24
Explorer

This gets worse by the day.... 

Apperently in the US Sony has been shipping revised versions of the Vaio Flip 13,14 & 15" for the past month or so but here in the UK we are still given the same original versions.  In the revised versions the fan problem has been sorted out,  the Wifi problem has been sorted out (change of network card) the list is pretty big.   So is it a case that we are being sold US rejects?  I'd like to hear from someone within Sony explain why this is happening? 

Why is the UK support soooooo bad? 

Why is it the US getting a revised version and we don't?

why is it the US have a better webiste than we do?  No change log on updates anymore half the updates taken down from website why?

Why is it that we never get the latest updates (BIOS, GPU ETC.....) in the same way the US does?

Someone from Sony pls give an explanation on this.......

EDIT... I see this morning the website admin have corrected the change logs on the download pages...