Join now - be part of our community!

Audio Problem on VGX XL301 - solution impossible? HELP

robstucc
Explorer

Audio Problem on VGX XL301 - solution impossible? HELP

Good morning to everybody,

I have a problem audio from more than a month but the Sony service will not quit over 3 weeks.

For more than 1 years but I have the Vaio for about a month no longer hear the sound of DVDs.
I feel rather the audio CD, with movies on hard disk, TV, recording from TV.
The TV is Sony and I bought together with the PC 1 years ago and there have never been problems of compatibility.

I have always done regularly updates windows, Vaio update, and so on.

I did everything restored system, controlled by Sony all driver updates, the setting, and detaches and reattach HDMI, etc.. But nothing

Sony does not seem to get out. I sengalato that until early September was all ok (for over 1 year) and then I started to have the problem.
And I also sengalato that the only significant thing that happened is a large number of updates including Service Pack 1 of Vista.

Sony employees changing and I seem to have no ideas, except one who had begun to take the problem seriously but has "disappeared".

Thanks to all who contribute
Hello
Roberto :devil: :devil:

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi ste.robi,

have you installed the Audio Driver (SigmaTel) SP1_Filter DT1.0A - 6.10.5379 update.?

Use the following link to download: Audio Driver (SigmaTel) SP1_Filter DT1.0A - 6.10.5379

robstucc
Explorer

Hi Thalamus, thank you for your answer.
Yes I already did the download of this driver.

Do you have any other idea?

Thanks
Roberto

profile.country.DE.title
lothowah
Explorer

Hello dears,
I have the same problem and tried a lot - but no solution!
My connection between VGX302 and Sony Bravia KDL based on HDMI worked fine,
but since some weeks (I dont know exactly the time) my BlueRay works without sound on all Channels ( Ear, HDMI and Cinch)
I used every Sony auto update - that was my great mistake!
Lothar

profile.country.DE.title
lothowah
Explorer

Hello ste.robi,

I solved my problem, maybe it is the same soloution as yours.
Well, it was a mistake by myself. Anytime I changed the display resolution too high, that not ok, because the hdmi-interface on my TV detects this as not HDMI-conform stream.
Now I use the max resulution on my Sony Bravia TV by 1360x786 and all is fine!
Only my headphone is not running with BD-player, but I think it is an other mistake by me - not by Sony. ;-))
Best Regards
Lothar

profile.country.DE.title
lothowah
Explorer

by the way,
it is importent to do a restart and switch off/on the TV to see the result of changes
Very Best Regards
Lothar