Join now - be part of our community!

AV Mode VGN-TX5MN

urko
Visitor

AV Mode VGN-TX5MN

Hi
The AV mode on my VGN-TX5MN has given up. If I press the AV mode button the machine starts and dsiplays the icons for CD, photos etc, but then the machine just dies. I can still access DVDs and CDs etc using Vista. I can't find any troubleshooting or help on this issue. I can't work out if there's a download I need or where I might get it if there is!

I don't know when it stopped working as I don't use AV mode all that often.

3 REPLIES 3
urko
Visitor

Anyone? would love to know where I can download and reinstall just the av button utility if poss

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi urko,

Sorry, I don't know a lot about how the InstantON AV Mode works.

To download and reinstall the AV Mode Button Utility, you need to download the Original Utilities Package for your model to a temporary folder from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/preinstalled/preinstalled.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&m=2557

Unfortunately it is 165MB so I hope you have broadband!!

Right-click on the downloaded TX5_Utilities.ZIP file and choose "Extract All" and choose to extract the files to C:\

ReInstall the AV Mode Button Utility by running C:\Utilities\Utils Installer AV Button Mode Utility\Setup.EXE

Reinstall the full Instant Mode Application (27MB) by running C:\Utilities\Utils Installer Instant Mode\InstantMode_J_1.5.1.EXE

:wink:

urko
Visitor

Hi Blencogo, many thanks for the reply, I downloaded the utils package and uninstalled then reinstalled, but have the exact same problem still. The AV mode starts up and shows the symbols on the screen but then the three "lock" (caps, num and the other one) flash together once, briefly and the machine dies.

I checked the BIOS setup, but there's nothing I can see in there that refers to it and in any case, I haven't changed anything.

Now just baffled - it used to work fine and was very useful - now it's just given up for no apparent reason. Unfortunately I don't know exactly when it stopped working.

I appreciate the help anyhow.