Join now - be part of our community!

Battery life remaining

profile.country.en_GB.title
cxfwwvwwdccw
Visitor

Battery life remaining

I have a FE31Z and have just upgraded to Vista and everything is working OK except Vista refuses to calculate the estimated battery time remaining.

It surely is a case of non-Vista aware drivers for the ACPI or battery devices but I have been unable to find anything on the Sony site (as usual).

I tried a complete install of the amazing *cough cough* sony "suite" and still no native battery monitoring, but I do have a lot of bloated useless apps now... 😞

Has anyone here been able to get this to work? Should I bother phoning Sony annoyed that they still don't 100% support Vista?

2 REPLIES 2
The_Alv
Visitor

Well, I think the problem comes with Vista, I can't get it to work either: it seems that Vista does not have de capability to calculate remaining time; I've checked for Battery Gadgets, and it's normal to see posts that ask the developer of that gadget why they can't see remaining time, the developer's answer to that is that he can't enable remaining time if Vista does not provide such information. :slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I think this feature has been progressively withdrawn over the last two years or so - even in XP - as a worthless estimate.

The introduction of Advanced Power Management, USB devices and Stepping Processors has made any sort of reliable estimate of battery life impossible. Most notebooks manufactured in the last two years do not have this feature available in fact I am surprised your FE31 had this feature without resorting to third-party software.

I have not seen any third-party add-ins but I'm sure one will materialise soon.

:thinking: