Join now - be part of our community!

Battery problem for vaio VGN-FE21B

profile.country.el_GR.title
alerina53
New

Battery problem for vaio VGN-FE21B

hello people.I have a vaio vgn-fe21b for about a year and a half.The past 2months the battery emptied in about 20min max.Two days ago it just died.It shows 0 and when i use the cable it says charging but it never does. Anyway i used a friends battery from a VGN-FE41S and it worked fine.
My question is this. Her battery is a VGP-BPS2C at 5200mAh , and mine a VGP-BPS2B at 4800mAh. What is the difference?
i also read an article that a while ago sony recalled many batteries of my type.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi alex29

The battery for your VAIO VGN-FE Series is the VGP-BPS2B

I can't find the specification sheet for your VGP-BPS2B, but you can see the specifications for the VGP-BPS2 battery by clicking this link: VGP-BPS2 specs

Your friend, I guess, has either a VGN-C or VGN-N Series Vaio..

You can see the specifications for her battery, VGP-BPS2C, by clicking this link:VGP-BPS2C specs

profile.country.el_GR.title
alerina53
New

Thalamus , thank you for your responce.
I contacted vaio e-support and they told me that even though the BPS2C battery works for my vaio that i should buy the BPS2B cause its the one that came with my vaio model .
I just dont know why it died in such a short time (only a year and a half)
Is that, what is going to be happening? Every year i ll have to buy a new battery?

Any tips on how to make it last longer? I think i read somewhere that i should use the battery (full charge and discharge) for about 5 times , before i use my vaio with the ac adaptor.