Join now - be part of our community!

battery questions

fotiselianos
Visitor

battery questions

hi there guys

Can I remove the laptop battery while plugged on AC whithout shutting down?
Moreover do you know how should I store the battery.During the week I only need the battery once all the other days I run the laptop 24/7 so I don't want to wear the battery because it doesn't discharge regularly. Can I put the battery on the self of my library for example or in a drawer . Does it need a special place to be stored?

thanx

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Personally I would shut down before taking the battery out.

You need to keep the battery in a dry place where it's not too hot and not in direct sunlight.

fotiselianos
Visitor

Thanx for your response

Do you thing it is good to remove the battery considering how many times I use it?(Once a week aproximately) You know batteries are expensive so I don't wont my battery to be destroyed before it's time :slight_smile:

Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

It's a good idea to condition your battery. Batteries develop a memory and as they get older it is possible to lose a certain amount of this memory . The battery will charge up to the point that it thinks is full up.
It's a good idea to run your battery right down before recharging. This keeps it conditioned.

kee-lo_

Batteries develop a memory and as they get older it is possible to lose a certain amount of this memory .

This is a common mistake people make these days, new batteries don't have a memory so they don't remember where they were upto so it causes less damage.

Perjescu
Visitor

Have a look at http://www.batteryuniversity.com/ for good advices.

kee-lo_

Thanks