Join now - be part of our community!

Battery time

BoZ
Visitor

Battery time

Hi,

I am quite content with my Vaio VGN FS 195VP (taken in operation aug 15). But there is one great disappointment.. The battery time! With no programs activated and also the wireless network inactivated the battery charge runs from 100% to the status when Hibernate is automatically activated (ca. 4%) in 1 hour and 36 minutes. When programs are activated (wordprocessing, e-post, surfing) the battery time is of course shorter, but not so much, only some 5 minutes. I think the battery time is extremly short in a computer with Centrino technologi and Lithium ion-battery. Perhaps there is some fault that causes the short battery time. The battery pack is VGP-BPS2A 11.1V/4400mAh. Looking forward to any point of views.

Regards
Bo Z

8 REPLIES 8
blue1901
Visitor

decrease your screen brightness to minimum that would help. Disable devices like 1394 connection and ethernet connection to economise the battery.

BoZ
Visitor

Thanks Blue 1901! But what is a 1394 connection? Rgds Bo Z

blue1901
Visitor

open the network connections u will find, 1394 connection, just right click on it and disable it. if u didnt find it in the network connections then u dont have 1394 connec. so its ok.

blue1901
Visitor

BoZ
Visitor

Thanks for your advice Blue 1901! I have disactivated 1394 and put the brightness to level 1 (dark). It meant going from ca 1,5 hour to 2 hours 12 minutes. Still I think a Centrino technology computer should give longer battery time. But I suppose there is only to accept the short battery time. A solution may be to buy another battery. But the Sony original battery is quite expensive. Do you know if there are in the market other batteries that can fit?
Regards
Bo Z

dj_Eddie88
Visitor

wondering about buying a new battery 2, Is there batterys with battery life over atleast 5 hours...I have the A397xp..If there is can someone post a link..

Foxhound
Visitor

I don't have the FS series but I think most new VAIO notebook PC got the VAIO POWER MANAGER. Set your Performence to Adaptive. That way your CPU will run at lower speeds when it doesn't need that much processing power thus saving power.
It also gives you the option to disable your optical drive(s) when you don't need it. Saving more power.

BoZ
Visitor

Thanks Foxhound for your tip! Rgds Bo Z