Join now - be part of our community!

Bigger battery for Sony laptop

VaioVaioVoom
Visitor

Bigger battery for Sony laptop

Hi, I have a SOny Vaio VGN-FZ21M that came complete with the standard battery (VGP-BPS8) and I was wondering if the larger battery would be useful when using the laptop on the move (in trains, cars etc). Sony lists a bigger capacity battery (VGP-BPL8) but I've not found anyone who stocks it.

Has anyone here used one of the larger batteries... if so, how much more operating time do you typically gain versus the standard battery? Any idea on where I can get one... and how much to pay?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Here you go but the price ...aye krumbar here

VaioVaioVoom
Visitor

Thanks Tony.
Unfortunately, the retailer doesn't ship outside the US... does anyone know of any UK/European stockists?

profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Damn the price just went up here ...still PC world are down on xmas trading and need some help as do most of the stock market companies...what a day

VaioVaioVoom
Visitor

Thanks again, Tony. I see it's special order on that site... and I'm beginning to wonder if this size of battery has been released by Sony yet. I may end up getting the standard size battery as a spare. Does anyone know where they can be got for a good price?

barrie@bb
Visitor

Hi
I have just been looking for batteries for my FZ21E, for a really low cost punt (c.£50 incl shipping) you could look at this Ebay address

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Genuine-SONY-VGP-BPS8-Vaio-FZ-Series-laptop-battery_W0QQitemZ150205830922Q...

Otherwise c.£130+

Good hunting.

B