Join now - be part of our community!

BIOS problems on my PCV-RS222

stu_e
Visitor

BIOS problems on my PCV-RS222

I want to update/play around with the motherboard bios settings on my PCV-RS222, but how on earth do i do this? On my other 2 (both self built) pc's this is done by holding F1 or the delete key on bootup. When i boot my Sony pc, all i get is the 'Sony' logo for a fraction of a second followed by the Windows XP loading screen. I managed to find out the make of my motherboard was a Asus by the model number inside and they have an updated Bios for it on the website but how would i go about installing this when i can't get into the advanced setup screen?

1 REPLY 1
TygerTyger
Visitor

Is there a particular reason you want to update the BIOS? Really, doing that should be the last thing you should try for problem solving, as it is very very rarely the cause of any problems. Let us know what your problem is.
The Bios access key is an Fkey but it varies from computer to computer. The techies way is to run your finger up and down all the Fkeys as the computer starts up until you get the Bios screen. Sony disable virtually all the Bios settings anyway, so you're in for a big disappointment.