Join now - be part of our community!

BIOS Update and Failure

Doush
Visitor

BIOS Update and Failure

Hi everyone;
I had the recent update for my VAIO FS115B model laptop a few days ago. It is completed succesfully. Later on I turned on my computer and everything was fine. One day later; I tried to switch on my comp. but there was no screen. actually the screen was so dull nothing was identifiable. Somehow I manage to go into bios and restore the default values. I turned the comp off and on but there was no success. I removed the battery and waited about 30mins than it worked again but this time the screen was flashing when I put the AC injector. I noticed that power button wasnt functioning at all as well.

Sometimes when I put the AC injector it wasnt charging. Right now its working but Im sure it will happen again as it is repeated a few times. I think it is related with the latest BIOS update that I performed. I want to turn back to my old BIOS firmware.

The file I used to update was
"PHBSYS-00846915-UN.exe"
I will really appreciate any help because its giving me a lot of pain now.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Doush,

You'll have to ask vaio-Link for the previous BIOS for your vaio as I don't think it's available for download.. :slight_frown:

Doush
Visitor

thanks for ur reply as i already posted to e-support too but i need a quick solution thou and they are not quick 😞

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Doush,

Have you tried phoning vaio-Link..?