Join now - be part of our community!

Blu Ray Disc won't recognise

profile.country.en_GB.title
NewPrince
Visitor

Blu Ray Disc won't recognise

Dear All,

I have a problem with my Blu Ray. I have an Avatar Blu Ray disc that I've watched before on my VAIO several times. Now when I put the disc in the drive I get a message to insert a disc. My specs are

Sony VAIO VPC-F22C5E

The drive is Blu-Ray reader/writer Pioneer BD-RW BDR-TD03

It plays most DVDs normally (it can't recognize some DVD movies (EPIC MOVIE to be more specific), I get the same message to insert a disc).

I used to use PowerDVD to play the Avatar disc.

I have Windows 7 Home Edition (original)

I checked the region -just incase it changed, and it is region 2 (Europe).

I've read something about updating the firmware, so, I've tried to update the drive from the device manager, from the Pioneer company website (no such BluRay in there), from Sony web site (no drive as well) , and the Internet in general, but no luck.

Could someone help me please.

Thanks

UPDATE: I tried another Blu Ray movie disc , the driver did not recognize it as well.

Message was edited by: NewPrince

Message was edited by: NewPrince

8 REPLIES 8
KatherineYH
Visitor

I think its gotta be the driver. type device manager in search>go to the dvd tab>right click>properties. does it say working properly

Life is too serious to be taken seriously http://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/text-smiley.png

NewPrince
Visitor

Hi KatherineYH,

Sorry for the delay. I've done that before and I did it this time, the message is "This device is working properly".

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Newprince,

Have you installed the WinDVD Updates.?

WinDVD BD 2D/3D - 10.0.6.162

WinDVD BD 3D - 10.0.6.124

They are avaialable for download from either through Vaio Update or via the Vaio support site - Updates for VPCF22C5E 

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

NewPrince wrote:

I have an Avatar Blu Ray disc that I've watched before on my VAIO several times.

Which program did you use when you watched Avatar on your vaio..:smileyconfused:

NewPrince
Visitor

"I used to use PowerDVD to play the Avatar disc."

:wink:

NewPrince
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

I tried that, and I got a message saying "You must have a previous WinDVD installed to apply this update module". Obviously, I don't have WinDVD installed in my VAIO (Thanks to Sony).

Thank you for replying.

NewPrince
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

I just wanted to tell you that I've managed to download WinDVD and updated it to 10.0.6.162 but still no luck with BluRay discs to be recognized (it's like if it is not in the drive).

Hello

I'm currently also experiancing this issue, It started when I wanted to write a Blu-Ray disc, I inserted a blank disc, and as you say, the computer acted as nothing was in the drive, I tried some recent Blu-Ray movies, same problem, eventually I tried a slightly older movie, "Valkyrie" to be exact, at first it did not recognise this either, and I decided perhaps dust was the issue, so I blew into the drive as hard as I could, and to my surprise, Valkyrie was now playing.

I assumed that the problem must've been dust and everything was fine now (how wrong I was) I put the blank disc back in hoping to write my blu-ray as originally intended, but again, the computer acted as if nothing happened, I tried Valkyrie again, and it worked, I also tried Terminator Salvation, and the recent A-Team movie, all of which worked fine, but more recent movies such as Star Trek: Into Darkness, In Time and Battleship will not work.

I'm currently playing Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows: Part 2 in 3D and it is working (although it took a couple of tries). This problem is both confusing and frustrating, and I am in the process of talking to Sony, via emails about the issue.

Did you ever find a solution to the problem have you found like me that it plays some movies but not others?

Thank you.