Join now - be part of our community!

Blu Ray Playback Problems with VGN-FZ21m

soldierboy1
Visitor

Blu Ray Playback Problems with VGN-FZ21m

I have a SONY F21m laptop. I had the product delivered 2 weeks ago.
I registered the product and received the “Spiderman” Blu-Ray disc.
The player is a “MATSHITA BD-CMB” uj 120 ata which is shown as “working properly”, with no new drivers available.
This evening I have tried to play the “free” Spiderman” Blu-ray DVd via the “Inter Video” BD for VIAO. Initially I received a message stating, “color scheme changed to windows basic”.
A message then appears as the disc plays for a second which states, “Your display environment does not support product, protected content playback”. I tried to play a normal (non blu ray) DVD and it played fine.
I have downloaded the following “upgrade” file from the Vaio website “Inter Video” Win DVd “8.08.406” but, when I try to run it, it goes so far and then I get an error message stating “THE UPGRADE PATCH CANT APPLY TO YOUR VERSION OF WIN DVD. SET UP WILL NOW ABORT.”
It therefore follows that I cannot play blu ray DVD’s.
I have a second problem too. When I first connected up the laptop to my Sony Bravia TV via HDMI, a couple of days after delivery, I checked to make sure that there was sound from the TV, by playing music and viewing a short home recorded video clip. The sound worked fine. However that is no longer the case. I cannot get sound via the Bravia from anything on the computer. As I have a Sony DVD player connected via HDMI, I have changed, and swapped the HDMI input. The DVD recorder works fine in both, but not the laptop.

I have been unable to access Sony "E" Support tonight.

Can any of you guys out there help. It would be much appreciated.

Regards

Soldierboy1 :cry:

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi soldierboy1 and welcome to Club Vaio.

You will need to press Fn+F7 to toggle the screen output to the TV only or to the Vaio only. The default is to try to display the output on BOTH TV and Vaio and the copy protection will not allow this and will display the error message you describe.

It sounds like you do not have the latest version of WinDVD BD installed. You need InterVideo WinDVD BD 8.0.8.425 and you can download it from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/updates/updates.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&c=0&s=VGN-FZ&m=2805

For the sound, check in Control Panel -> Audio that you have HDMI/SPDIF digital output selected as the default output.

Let us know how you get on!

:wink:

soldierboy1
Visitor

Hi Blencogo,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post.

I checked again and realised that the update you directed me to, was in fact the one that I had been trying to download,i.e ITAOTH-01453103-UN, FILE VERSION 2.11.15.0, PRODUCT VERSION 8.0. It simply won't download as per my original post. Is it posible that I already installed it, as I have downloaded so many files since trying to set it up to my needs?

After posting lastnight, I managed to get sound through the TV, by going to control panel and then sound (audio was not an option!) and selecting "Playback", where I got the option of "Playback" "Digital Output Device (HDMI)". When I checked the submenu here, only the left speaker gave a signal, but I could play anything exvept Bluray through the TV.

Tonight, without plugging in the HDMI cable, managed to get the Intervideo" programme to load and play. I am frightened to do the "FN" and "F7", as when I tried it earlier, it didn't give me a
.straight forward option of "TV or VAIO". Instead it gave me the option of "LCD only" or "Set Up" I then got an option of "This setting configures the detection method for analog RGB monitor.
If the connected display is not detected, enable the checkbox and re-run the display output setting manually."
There is no option within "Sound" to change any settings to "SPDIF/HDMI", and within "Intervideo" set up, the HMMI option is "greyed" out and not avalable for selection.

Can you help or is it time to email SONY support?

Regards

Soldierboy1

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Check the installed version of WinDVD BD by opening it, right-clicking on the WinDVD screen, choose Setup and go to the last Tab - your installed version should be displayed.

:thinking:

Irene-plecofan
Visitor

Hi, I have a AR31S but had the same or similar problem.

i think there are two windvd patches that might be needed.

see my thresd
http://club.vaio.sony.co.uk/clubvaio/GB/en/forum/viewthread?thread=50228

soldierboy1
Visitor

I would like to thank you guys for your help. Busy weekend and work schedule in next few days. Will try all your advice and report back for your information. Help such as yours is really, really appreciated.

Regards

Soldierboy1